We Believe in Talent
We seek out and develop talent, empowering people to reach their potential and training management to inspire merit-based leadership, accountability, dialogue and collaborative, constructive feedback.
We believe in and encourage internal growth with the aim of assessing, through dedicated campaigns conducted with the support of leading operators in the management consulting sector, the corporate population of so-called professionals and that of managers: 400 people were involved in the first half of 2020.
We strive for a new leadership model aimed at rewarding not only the achievement of results, but also the ways in which results are achieved, encouraging managerial styles oriented towards change and the enhancement of resources.
We Incentivize Talent
In order to support, consolidate and nurture the substantial wealth of skills available in the company, we provide more than 90,000 hours of training each year to around 3,500 employees (see 2019) through Autostrade Corporate University, and we aim at increasing the number of hours provided by 20%.
Autostrade Corporate University ensures the transfer and constant improvement of the technical and managerial skills of its people through three different areas of knowledge management: Autostrade Business School, Autostrade Academy and Autostrade Talent Program.
AUTOSTRADE BUSINESS SCHOOL
A school dedicated to high-level technical and management training courses to support the consolidation and evolution of internal skills and the internal growth of managers. In this context, two agreements have been entered into with LUISS Business School and SDA Bocconi in order to provide about 40 talented people from the company with a Corporate Advanced Management Program and a Corporate MBA each year.
As part of the Business School, 2021 will see Autostrade per l'Italia launch a Second-Level Master in "Apprenticeships in Higher Education and Research" to train tomorrow's talents in the skills underlying the company's know-how (design engineering, maintenance, infrastructure management and monitoring, plant engineering, project management, investment appraisal, process and infrastructure digitization) and in digital and management skills, in collaboration with the two leading Italian engineering schools: Politecnico di Milano (MIP) and Politecnico di Torino.
A program created to ensure the growth and sharing of corporate knowledge by supporting basic training and providing qualifications in constant evolution with the lines of business.
Knowledge transfer is ensured by properly trained and certified internal trainers.
In 2021, we will focus on digitization support programs and the establishment of a "Program Management Training School" through the certification of internal trainers and partnership agreements with leading international and national institutes and certification bodies.
Autostrade Talent Program
A program designed to support management growth paths, also strengthening transversal and soft skills. Development of multi-year training paths for professional categories destined to hold positions of responsibility, especially in Section Departments.
RELATIONS WITH LEADING
SCHOOLS AND UNIVERSITIES
Autostrade per l'Italia considers the network of Schools and Universities as a primary point of reference for the achievement of its objectives in terms of advanced training and talent attraction. For this reason, 2020 saw the Company set up a number of partnerships with selected reference bodies in the following areas, which will continue during the course of the plan:
- Innovation, research and development: a first three-year partnership with Politecnico di Torino was activated in the first half of 2020. The request for admission to the Board of the Master's Degree in Mobility Engineering of Politecnico di Milano is in progress.
- Work-related learning: project works in digital technology and HR were activated with Centro Elis in the first half of 2020.
- Guidance and study support: role models available to high school students and provision of scholarships for participation in Master programs.
- Curricular internships for Bachelor or Masters: collaborations with College des Ingénieurs for MBA students and with Tor Vergata University for a Master's degree in Anti-corruption activated in the first half of 2020.
Welfare, Diversity & Inclusion
Autostrade aims at promoting an inclusive culture based on the enhancement of diversity, the sustainability of individual choices and organizational wellbeing.
Welfare policies increasingly cover the needs of our people in terms of:
integration of professional pension funds, activation of insurance policies for private life
prevention, coverage of medical expenses, awareness campaigns targeted at at-risk individuals
daycare, economic incentives to support maternity, flexible working hours
guidance, scholarships, summer camps, study trips
Achieved through the promotion of inclusive models that provide space for collaboration and dialogue between genders and different generations and are able to make the most of and support female talent
Solutions for our people and their families, for them to keep fit and healthy.
- health insurance
- flu vaccination
- training, information and discussion initiatives to promote a culture of wellness, encourage a healthy lifestyle and propose ways to stay fit and healthy
initiatives aimed at facilitating the striking of a balance between private and working life.
- parenting support
- baby care and daycare for the children of our colleagues
- scholarships and summer camps for employees' children
- Fragibilità, the service dedicated to Caregiver colleagues to help them assist their families inside and outside their homes.
ideas for living and working better inside Autostrade per l'Italia.
- Company agreements dedicated to employees
- Insurance policies for employees and family members
- Complementary pension fund
- Contractual categories and individual protection, incremental with respect to the regulations in force
- Legal and tax consultancy
- L'Altra Rete, the corporate community on the world of volunteering
- Car Pooling for Employees
- Well...Come Back, training and guidance for employees returning from long periods of absence