DEMOLITION OF THE POLCEVERA VIADUCT: ACCORDING TO THE PROGRAM DEFINED BY THE COMPETENT AUTHORITIES ON FRIDAY 28th JUNE, FROM 7 AM TO 10 PM, THE STRETCH CONNECTING A7 TO A12 GENOA-SESTRI LEVANTE AND GENOA WEST WILL REMAIN CLOSEDACCORDING TO THE PROGRAM DEFINED BY THE COMPETENT AUTHORITIES ON FRIDAY 28th JUNE, FROM 7 AM TO 10 PM, THE STRETCH CONNECTING A7 TO A12 GENOA-SESTRI LEVANTE AND GENOA WEST WILL REMAIN CLOSED
Genoa, 27th June 2019 - In compliance with the detailed program prepared by the competent Authorities for the demolition of the eastern side of the Polcevera Viaduct, which will take place on Friday 28th June. On the same day, from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm the stretch of the A7 between the Genoa West barrier and the link with A12 will remain closed to traffic in both directions.
Furthermore, at the same time, all heavy vehicles with a mass greater than 7.5 tons not destined for loading or unloading operations in the Province of Genoa will not be allowed to circulate on the road and motorway network of the same territory, which includes the following motorway sections:
A10: Arenzano - Genoa Airport
A12: connection A7 - Setri Levante
A7: connection A12 - Ronco Scrivia
A26: A10 connection - Masone
In order to comply with this prohibition, the Traffic Police will set up filtering points for addressing to alternative routes.
From 7:00 am to 10:00 pm on Friday 28th June, will therefore be able to circulate on the road and motorway network of the Province of Genoa:
- light and heavy vehicles with mass up to 7.5 t.
- only heavy vehicles with a mass greater than 7.5 t. intended for loading and unloading operations in the Province itself, without prejudice to other specific limitations and local prohibitions, in the territory of the Municipality of Genoa, contained in the ordinance of the Mayor which is strongly recommended to read.
It should also be added that in relation to the aforementioned ordinances already issued by the Municipality and related to the demolition of the bridge, heavy vehicles bound to be heading to the Port of Genoa coming from the A12 Genoa - Sestri Levante, must necessarily follow the following itinerary:
- A7 Serravalle-Genoa towards Milan up to the link with D26 Predosa-Bettole access road
- Predosa-Bettole access road up to the link with A26
- A26 Genoa Voltri-Gravellona Toce towards Genoa up to the link with the A10
- A10 Genoa-Savona up the Genoa Pra’ exit to reach the port of Pra’ or up to the Genoa Airport station to reach the port of Genoa.
Indeed, it will not be possible for heavy vehicles to reach the ports of Genoa from A12 Genoa-Sestri Levante and A7 Serravalle-Genoa toll booths.
Due to the complexity of the described road network scenario and given the inevitable inconveniences due to the closure of the main city motorway of Genoa West, it is advisable for all motorway users to avoid transit in both directions on the stretches of A12 from Sestri Levante to Genoa and of A7 from Genoa to the Predosa Bettole access road, using, alternatively for the long distances and for the East/West connections, the motorways A1, A21, A4, A26.
The stretches subject to the closure can be reopened in advance, on the advice of the competent authorities, if the demolition operations record a shorter duration than the estimated one. Interested travelers are advised to follow the information updates on the Autostrade communication channels (indicated below).
Autostrade per l’Italia’s Genoa branch office has drawn up an extraordinary plan to upgrade the assistance service to motorists with the preparation, together with the Traffic Police, of points for possible traffic diversion to prevent, as far as possible, prolonged queuing on the motorway especially during the hottest hours.
On the city’s motorway network, in particular, the following measures will be active:
- 8 traffic assistance crews, in addition to the ordinary services in the city circle alone;
- Stationary service of mechanical emergency wagons, tank trucks and emergency response teams at the Airport toll-booths (A10), Pra’ (A10), Bolzaneto (A7) and Genoa east (A12);
- Intervention teams and signs for all traffic diversions at all interconnection nodes between the various motorway branches (A10/A6; A10/A26; A26/A7; A7/A26; A26/A21; A21/A7; Sestri Levante exit);
- Storage of 50,000 liters of water on refrigerated containers and relocation of teams dedicated to the distribution of vehicles in the queue;
- Enhancement of storage facilities for other kinds of comfort in the service areas for any additional needs.
Constant updates on traffic conditions and alternative routes are issued through the "My Way" link-ups, which are shown on Sky Meteo24 (Sky channel 501), Sky TG24 (Sky channels 100 and 500 and channel 50 of Digital Terrestrial Television), La7 and La7d (channel 7 and 29 of Digital Terrestrial Television), the My Way app, which can be downloaded for free from the Android and Apple stores, the autostrade.it website, RTL 102.5, Isoradio 103.3 FM, variable message signs and the Infomoving TV network in service areas. For further information, call the Autostrade call centre, which is active 24/7, at 840.04.21.21. The information will also be shown on the variable message signs along the motorway, in addition to the website and the social networks of Autostrade per l’Italia.