Bridge, Viaduct and Tunnel maintenance
There are more than 4,200 major works including bridges, viaducts and tunnels and 9,000 minor hydraulic works on the Autostrade per l'Italia network. Bridges, viaducts and tunnels account for more than 12% of the highway network.
Network work of art supervision activities can be primarily classified as:
- systematic supervision as required by law for works with clear opening width greater than or equal to 10 m (Ministry for Public Works Circular no. 6736/61 of 1967): four annual inspections carried out by qualified technicians, one of which with an engineer;
- in-depth supervision with periodic inspections carried out by specialist technicians;
- non-destructive tests in support of the planning of remedial measures (carbonatation, chlorides, reflectometric, etc.);
- geotechnical monitoring that is visual, instrumental and through geological research campaigns;
- hydraulic monitoring of both major works (greater than or equal to 10 m) and minor works (under 10 m).
The latter are also catalogued.