The timely dissemination of up-to-date information on its network expansion plan is a key objective for Autostrade per l'Italia.
A series of information channels have been set up with this in mind. The channels are continuously updated and provide information on the progress of the overall plan, details of the individual works and the scheduled dates of opening to traffic.
A list of the main information channels available to the public plus as a section dedicated to this website are provided below.
- "Cantieri Aperti": a series of joint press conferences with the various regional institutions involved in the expansion plan. The press conferences provide constant updates to all stakeholders on the progress of the work and on any critical issues affecting the necessary approval procedures for execution of the works, which Autostrade per l'Italia must deal with and overcome.
Eight regions are involved in this programme: Latium, Lombardy, Aosta Valley, Emilia Romagna, Tuscany, Le Marche, Campania and Liguria.
- 15 touch screen "totem" Infoterminals installed in the Service Areas of stretches with works in progress, where the following are available:
- videos of the main works providing detailed information on the type of intervention, with aerial filming and digital images;
- presentation of the main interventions.
- 75 information boards placed along the highway and in the Service Areas of the stretches affected by the works, to provide both moving vehicles and motorists stopped at service stations with information on the progress of the work.
- "Work in Progress" brochure providing comprehensive information on highway network expansion works with full details of each intervention, expected completion dates and a description of the complex approval procedure for the execution of highway works.
- Variante di Valico website: www.variantedivalico.com
- "Variante di Valico" newsletter providing information and clarification on the Variante di Valico work.