Autostrade in numbers
Autostrade is the leading European toll motorway network for its extension and the largest private investor in the sector. It is also the world's leading electronic toll and info-mobility service.
- 3,020 km of toll motorways managed
- Over 50,900 million km travelled alone the Group's Italian network in 2017
- 923 km of upgrades and modernisation work along to the Italian network carried out by Autostrade per l'Italia and its subsidiaries, of which 484km already completed, for an investment of around 25 billion Euros.
- 1 billion in investments planned for noise barriers
- Toll rates per km among the lowest in Europe
- 5 million customers a day
- -79% mortality rate from 1999 to 2017 with over 300 lives saved every year
- -40% hours lost to road works over the last 11 years, with consequent reduction of polluting emissions and of traffic congestion
- Over 2,000 vehicles for winter operations monitored by satellite tracking for network management during snowfalls
- Timely and complete traffic news in real time, broadcast on the main media channels. The operations centre in Rome and the radio centres of the nine Section Departments monitor the network 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- "MY WAY", in collaboration with Sky, is the first TV channel in Europe dedicated to the world of motorways
- YOU ARE IN A WONDERFUL COUNTRY is the project for the valorisation of cultural and territorial heritage scattered along the motorway network. With 100 service areas, a showcase of the beauty of Italy
- Around 11 GW per hour per year of electric energy generated from renewable sources in 2017
- Over 6,600 tons of CO2 avoided in 2017 thanks to the installation of photovoltaic plants and energy efficiency measures